Quickly creates multiple 3D offsets.
- Quickly create up to nine 3D offset lines
- Allow user to save the group of offsets to be used for different sets (Curb
& Gutter, Curb, AC Dike, Sidewalk)
- Create 3D points for DTMs along straight sections and curves
Start with a 3D set in the plan view,
run SetOff.tml and get something like this:
How to use SetOff.tml
You will see the following:
After downloading SetOff.* to the Terramodel installation folder\Terramodel\tmls
folder, open a Terramodel project and type setoff at the command line and
press the < enter > key.
- Select a set or multiple sets for which you desire to create offsets.
- Select Settings. The 3D offset settings dialog box will
3D Offset Settings
Note: The original set will be replaced by a set with points at
the interval selected here. The offsets created will be from this replacement.
- Point name: Name given to the points along the original set.
- Point interval: Interval between the points created in straight
sections. Use the mouse option to pick a distance from the screen.
- Maximum middle ordinate: Determines the distance between
points created along an arc. Use the mouse option to pick a distance from the
- Number of offsets: Number of offsets for the set. When this
number is decreased, the last offset is removed.
- Offset/Delta Z box: Shows the offset and change in elevation
of each offset created. Note: Double-click on the offset value to edit the settings.
- Load: Loads previously saved offset/delta z groups or classes.
- Save: Saves the current offset/delta z group.
- Cancel: Cancels changes.
- Type the number of offsets desired in the Number of offsets field.
- From the list of offsets now appearing in the offset/delta z box,
double-click on the first.
- The Offset properties dialog will appear.
- Offset: Offset distance from the original set. Positive
values are offsets to the right, negative values are offsets to the left.
- Delta Z: Change in elevation from the points of the original
- Layer: Layer this offset will be created on. Layer 0 will
place the offset line on the layer of the original set.
- Color: Color of this offset line and points. Color 0 will
assign the color of the original set to this offset.
- Point name: Name assigned to the points created on this
- Click OK when finished with the changes.
- Double-click on each offset/delta z and make the necessary changes.
- Click Save to save the changes to the offset settings.
- Click Load to load a predefined group of offsets.
- Highlight the desired class and click Load.
- Click New to create a new class.
- Close out of the dialog boxes after changes are made.
- Click OK to create the offsets.
- Redraw the screen and the offsets will appear.
With one set and SetOff.tml, you could create a proposed roadway in seconds.
For more information please call us at (909) 797-9374